Get Started with Click-to-Messenger Ads in MobileMonkey
Click-to-Messenger ads are a special ad type that allows advertisers to generate leads on their Messenger account. They are shown like other FB ads on a user's newsfeed, but once the user clicks on the ad, they get directed to Messenger instead of a website. Once on Messenger, the user will receive a message from the advertiser's page. If they respond to the message, they will become a subscriber of the page.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of setting up a Click-to-Messenger ad with MobileMonkey.
Click-to-Messenger ads are a Pro Unicorn feature, so make sure you upgrade your account first. Want to try it out first? If you're on the Pro account you can test out 1 ad before upgrading to Pro Unicorn!
Step 1: Set up your ad account on Facebook
Already have an ad account set up? That's great - you can skip this Step. Otherwise follow this guide to set up your first ad account!
Step 2: Build your Click-to-Messenger ad
If you already have CTM ads running on Facebook you can just sync those with a bot dialogue in MobileMonkey. Otherwise, you can build an ad directly in MobileMonkey. Follow the steps below to get started
- In MobileMonkey, navigate to Campaigns > Click-to-Messenger Ads. Then click on "+ Click-to-Messenger Ad"
- Can't find it? You might be in the old version of our UI. To get to the new UI, click on My Account > Switch to new MobileMonkey.
- In Step 1 - choose whether you want to sync an ad you have created on Facebook OR create an ad directly in MobileMonkey
- Choose sync ad on Facebook If:
- You already have a Click-to-Messenger Ad published on Facebook
- You don't have an ad created on Facebook and would like to use a carousel ad. In this case you should create the ad on Facebook and then come back to MobileMonkey to sync the ad. Use this guide if you need help creating an ad in Ads Manager
- Choose to create a new ad in MobileMonkey if:
- You just want to create a simple single image or video ad AND you're planning to use only location/custom audience targeting
- You just want to create a simple single image or video ad AND you have ad sets already live in your ad account that you can clone.
- Use this guide If you choose to create an ad on Facebook before syncing with MobileMonkey.
- Choose sync ad on Facebook If:
- If you chose to sync an existing ad: simply build your bot dialogue in Step 2 and then choose the ads you want to sync in Step 3. At the end of Step 3, click "Sync Ads". Once the ad is done syncing you're good to go.
- Have trouble syncing your CTM ads? Check out this FAQs page. If you still need help, send an email to email@example.com & our support team will be able to help you out.
- If you chose to build an ad straight in MobileMonkey: follow the steps in the setup flow to create your Campaign, Ad Set and Ad. You can choose to clone an existing Ad/Ad Set or create a new one from scratch in MobileMonkey. In the final step, create your bot dialogue and click "Activate Ad".
Step 3: View your ad performance
Log into Ads Manager to view your ad performance. Facebook will show how many conversations were generated by each ad. You can see in your MobileMonkey inbox which conversations started from an ad, as well as the ID of the ad.